Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Conscience is a funny thing

This evening I'm sliding to the conclusion that I should probably do a few hours of phone banking into Virginia or whatever the Obama campaign in this area is having volunteers do. That way if the election turns out badly (which, let me hasten to say, I don't think it will), I can say to myself: well, at least I did a little work.

And as long as I'm thinking aloud: there's a ballot question in Md. about redistricting involving a district which, as I understand it, has been somewhat tortuously drawn (to put it politely) to produce another Dem. seat in the House. Bit of a dilemma, perhaps. Actually I think I'm going to vote 'no' on that. I grew up politically in an era in which the message of 'good government' groups was, as political scientists like to say, salient. Hence "gerrymandering" is a 'boo word' for me. But as usual, I probably won't make final decisions on things like this until the day before.

2 comments:

hank_F_M said...

RING RING RING


Hello this is Hank.

Good evening I'm LFC calling on behalf of reelecting President Obama

I'm sorry but I am going to vote for Vashti.

And who is Vashti?

She's my cat.

Your cat?

Yes, she is over 35 in cat years, a natural born cat citizen, and smarter than both of them combined

What are her issues?

Catnip in every bowl.

--------------------

LFC

Have fun! May the best candidate win (Both the popular vote and the electoral collage)



Hank’s Eclectic Meanderings

LFC said...

:)


I somewhat prefer dogs to cats myself, though I
don't have either one.

(btw, electoral college I think you mean)