Friday, October 18, 2013

(Unexciting) housekeeping note

Just now I was over at R.P. Wolff's blog, and I noticed he said that, in checking his spam filter, he had found lots of serious (i.e. legit) comments on his posts that Google/Blogger had classified as spam. This prompted me to check my own spam comments filter, which I almost never do; indeed it took me a little while just to remember how to get to it. I found one comment there and, sure enough, it was not spam. So I hit the button "not spam," thinking the comment would be published. Instead, it simply vanished. The ways of Google/Blogger are mysterious.

Anyway, the lost comment was a brief one by 'anonymous' who said, in response to my statement in this post that the last "really big interstate war" was the Iran-Iraq war, that he/she would have thought the last interstate war was the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003. Yes, that was, in its inception at any rate, an interstate war (so, arguably, was Russia-Georgia in Dec. '08, btw), but the Iran-Iraq war was considerably longer and caused more deaths. Which is not in any way to endorse the '03 invasion of Iraq which, as readers of this blog will know, I have a very negative view of, and which is still having repercussions in the violence that is continuing in Iraq today.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would take you 5 or 10 minutes to switch over to WordPress, which has its own hiccups, but NOTHING like Blogger's. Just sayin'.

LFC said...

Yup. Noted. I'm a procastinator when it comes to such things.